Makerere University Business School (MUBS) made a perfect start to the new season, securing maximum points off the University of Kisubi in their opening game.
The two-time winners made their intentions clear by easing past the University of Kisubi thanks to a 2-0 win on Wednesday.
Stuart Magumba and Sharif Ssengendo scored a goal each in the first half to guide the Nakawa-based side to victory.
Magumba opened the scores as early as the 6th minute, finishing from close range while Ssengendo doubled the advantage two minutes before the break with a ferocious strike.
MUBS now leads group B with 3 points ahead of Nkumba University and Muni University who face off on Thursday
- Group A: Kumi University, Uganda Christian University, Victoria University, International University of East Africa
- Group B: Muni University, Makerere University Business School (MUBS), Nkumba University, University of Kisubi
- Group C: Kabale University, Kyambogo University, Bishop Stuart University
- Group D: Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST), St. Lawrence University (SLAU), YMCA, Makerere University
- Group E: Gulu University, Uganda Martyrs University, Ndejje University, Kampala University
- Group F: Islamic University In Uganda (IUIU), Bugema University, Busitema University
The University of Kisubi was established in 2004 by the Brothers of Christian Instruction, as a center of Uganda Martyrs University. In 2009 UniK was made a constituent college of the university. In 2015, it received provisional accreditation to become a separate, independent University. The university held its third graduation ceremony in October 2018.